Frequently Asked Questions...
What is NLP?
NLP explores the relationship between how we think (neuro), how we communicate both verbally and non-verbally (linguistic) and our patterns of behavior and emotion (programs) which produce our results!
It is both a studying of how we know what we know, and a methodology for creating practical descriptions of how human beings function. NLP's purpose is to study, describe and transfer models of human excellence. (Modeling).
There are a number of descriptions of what NLP truly is. The founders of NLP; Dr. John Grinder and Richard Bandler defined NLP as the study of the structure of subjective experience (Dilts et al; 1980). Judith DeLozier and John Grinder (1987) define NLP as "an accelerated learning strategy for the detection and utilization of patterns in the world". We think of NLP as a field that explores the patterns of organization of effective human intuition (Collingwood & Collingwood; 2001). Through modeling an expert's intuitive application of a certain skill, we can as Neuro-Linguistic Programmers, replicate those patterns of organization for ourselves and / or make them available and install them in others. Modeling is the core function of NLP, learning to model (self and others) is the core activity of NLP practitioner and NLP master practitioner certification training's.
For practical purposes, learning NLP thoroughly will sharpen your observation and listening ability and enable you to identify patterns in people's behavior and language so you can respond to the subtext of their communication. This will enable you to communicate more effectively and cut through distractions. At the same time, your own thinking will benefit from these skills as you learn to identify the direction you want to take in conversation and action. These benefits only happen with live training and practice. If you settle for a short "practitioner" course, the chances are you will be given a sheaf of scripts which limit your ability to use the material in real life.
By attending and learning the basic strategies of NLP you will learn to have much more personal happiness and professional success which will be much more consistent, and much more predictable. Your effectiveness working with others will be dramatically increased, and your ability to empower yourself for optimum results will be increased. You will be able to generate empowering emotional states within yourself at will, eliminate any negative emotions or limiting decisions, identify and change limiting beliefs, inspire yourself with a compelling future that will have much better chances of coming true, and create patterns of excellence from any role model you choose.
Whether you're already succeeding in your profession, having some difficulties, or if you're transitioning into a new position, NLP can help you achieve, maintain and enhance excellence. Managers and Entrepreneurs use the information to develop strong teamwork and relationships, and to foster positive interpersonal skills. Negotiations and problem solving sessions are enhanced to create solution-oriented, win-win approaches. Salespeople learn to build deep levels of rapport, elicit and fulfill the criteria and values of clients, and develop effective methods for handling buyer's remorse or future objections so the sales relationship is long-term and mutually satisfying. Trainers and Educators learn new paradigms for inspiring and engaging students, as well as effective techniques for dealing with challenging learning environments. . Mental Health Professionals learn new skills and techniques that supplement their repertoire, and gain additional insights into helping clients make the changes that support their own process of healing. Medical Professionals learn techniques to better elicit information from clients, and to help the client be more comfortable with and receptive to treatment, thus supporting them to heal in a more responsive fashion.
1. First and foremost, which may not seem to be of importance on the surface is, we bring decades of REAL-WORLD corporate and clinical "in-the-trenches" work experience to your NLP training. This benefits you, our graduates, by maximally preparing you for doing truly effective work with people once you're out in the field. You'll find most trainers have NO real world experience what-so-ever! They get certified and then go on to train others but never USE what they have in a corporate or clinical environment. LANLP offers you the expertise and education from an experienced professional speaker & trainer IN THE SPEAKING BUSINESS! Ask questions of us like, "when and how" the techniques and exercises truly apply to real people within our world. John works closely with each and every student making sure you receive the very best information at a conscious as well as UNconscious level so you receive more for your time and your investment!
2. We are Los Angeles' Premier NLP training company... and we pride ourselves on being the best here in L.A.!
3. We work around YOUR schedule! Our program is designed so you'll become certified over the course of six weekends, so you can have a life and take only the necessary time off to train and learn with us.
4. Because you'll train only on the weekends, it gives you plenty of time to practice and integrate the information in between classes and form out-of-class study groups with fellow students during the week to learn the information at a deeper level. Many students have experienced that the short/advanced courses which other companies offer are leaving them with no real practical memory or benefits of the traditional pure 12-day, 120-hr program. Because this is how Richard Bandler and John Grinder developed and founded GENUINE NLP, we acknowledge and respect the model they created because IT WORKED! Don't be fooled by other courses giving you reasons why they cannot give you the traditional 12-day 120-hrs of face-to-face time with the trainers. Yes, the CD's, reading and studying are necessary, but not a substitute for pure hands-on instruction. You become certified as a practitioner of NLP the way is was originally designed, and we plan on remaining true to NLP roots. Come learn from the best!
5. We also offer graduates our monthly Meet Up™ group to share and participate with other practitioners and master practitioners local in the area. It's a great way to continue your learning and immerse by discussing and practicing ideas and concepts you've learned in class and experienced outside in the real world.
6. Most importantly, we promise you'll have so much FUN learning NLP you'll leave saying this program was a incredible life changing experience while you had one of the most memorable times of your life!
No, just that you be open and flexible to learn and experience everything in class; to PLAY FULL OUT!
You'll receive the benefits of the traditional pure 12-day, 120-hr program. Because this is how Richard Bandler and John Grinder developed and founded GENUINE NLP back in the early 1970's. We acknowledge and respect the model they created because it WORKS! You get 12-days / 120-hrs of face-to-face time with your trainers.
Yes, through reading books, articles, audio's, video's and/or through coaching with an NLP trained coach or through a quality NLP training course. Reading is an excellent means of researching to help you decide you want to further your NLP education. Reading can offer additional descriptions and background to enrich your live exposure. To learn and become fluent in NLP requires real time interaction with the trainers and other students. There is no substitute for a LIVE experience.
There are over 1000's of books now written on NLP. The books range from support material for studying NLP through to applications of NLP to business communication, relationship counseling, education, psychotherapy and extraordinary personal development. Let us know and we'll recommend specific Practitioner level reading and/or Master Practitioner level reading, so please ask! We also have a section devoted to NLP book sales and reviews.
* Attend our FREE monthly Meet Up™ group and decide this is something you'd like to be a part of.
Each day consists of 10 Hrs. 10AM - 6/7PM with an optional morning study group at 830AM.
Yes, we have a wonderful way for you to make additional cash and to introduce NLP to your friends and family. Sign-up for our Contact Us and begin today offering your referral link to others.
For a quality training 120 hrs is the recognized time standard for Practitioner of NLP training for most NLP Associations. Unfortunately some training organizations have created closed associations for only their graduates. Some are framed as broad associations that endorse a lesser time standard (usually seven days) for Practitioner of NLP certification. The so called "accelerated" and "fast track" 7 day NLP training's DO NOT meet Practitioner of NLP standards. PLEASE NOTE: we only offer recognized stardards for Practitioners and Masters programs.
The next learning step after basic Practitioner is the Masters program. We offer this 12-day extraordinary advanced program once every two years. This allows our students to fully integrate Practitioner level material at an unconscious level before moving on further. We also encourage our basic practitioner students to learn from other trainers and institutions to get a full rounded perspective. What's most important is that we build an NLP community of qualified, experienced practitioners!
The first thing which is evident is our complete care and recognition of our students learning and growth. To enhance this we offer phone support directly from John, coaching sessions if that is your path, on-going monthly MeetUp™ groups, and of course email support at anytime with questions or just to share your break-through's!
love to hear from you to answer any further questions so you'll be able
to attend our next NLP training.
YOUR EMAIL PRIVACY IS RESPECTED
SUCCESS IS THE ABILITY TO
INFLUENCE YOURSELF & OTHERS
TO GET WHAT YOU WANT...
ENTER TO GET YOUR FREE MP3!